Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An eye opening experience

Recently I wanted to create an amulet for someone and due to moon phases and time constraints I was unable to take to time to cast a circle in which I could add some protective magick. I decided that I did not need to physically cast circle, and instead I planned to visit my internal sacred space and complete my magical working there. The problem with this plan is that I am not the best ?meditater? in the world. My mind wanders. I can't get to my internal sacred space before I feel the need to run back and check to make sure I turned the oven off.

I had never actually taken the journey to my sacred space before, I had only created what it looked like. I have never even been able to relax enough to reach a meditative state! Yet for some reason I thought I would be able to reach alpha, journey to my internal sacred space, cast a circle, perform a magical working and make my way back all in my first REAL attempt.

Here is what I learned: That was a bad idea.

I had to struggle to even picture my internal space. I had to force the visualization of my circle casting. It wasn't until I actually picked up the amulet that I was able to even begin to focus on the energy needed for the magick. Once I physically held the item in my hands I was able to bring myself to the place I needed to be.
I feel like the right energy went into the item and that I accomplished what I wanted to do, but I also feel like it could have been much more focused. I am happy with the final result, just not the journey to the finished product.

I do feel that the experience brought me to the realization that I can not just jump into meditation like I had planned, but that it is a learned skill that I will be working vigilantly to improve.
Strangely enough it took the act of physically closing my eyes to have them spiritually opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment