Friday, September 3, 2010

Need vs Want

I NEED to have a yard sale. I have had all the left over stuff from my last yard sale all boxed up and sitting in the corner in my living room ALL summer.I was in Bahrain for two months and I have no furniture (because I sold most of at the last yard sale) so that hasn't been a big deal, until now.

I need the money a yard sale would bring. I have a LOT of unexpected bills for the house thanks to the collapsed ceiling in my bed room. We also spent alot of money to get me to Bahrain. Not to mention shopping while I was there, the trip home, getting the kitten home and then restocking the groceries and gas tank once I returned to the states.

I feel the STRONG need to purge.While living in Bahrain I realized how much CRAP we have and how little of it we truly need. Less is more.

But here's the thing... I don't WANT to have a yard sale. I don't want the HASSLE of a yard sale. I would much rather drop all of this stuff off at Mystic Moon for donations and be done with it. That is what I USUALLY do after a yard sale anyway, but this time I had enough left overs for another big yard sale so I decided to keep it and try one more time before donating.

I would much rather take the 'easy' road right now. I have enough complications as it is and I just want this one thing to be done and over with. I am battling with myself over this. Should I just do what I need to, and have a yard sale next weekend or, do I load up the little blue toaster, clear the clutter and help out someone in need.

Having said all of this, I know myself and I know I will do what is NEEDED. I know I will suck it up and have the yard sale. I know I will lug all of this stuff in and out again for two to three days in a row and I know that I will make some much needed money. But I REEEEEEally don't WANT to.

No comments:

Post a Comment